March for Babies!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

23 Weeks!

So, here we are, 23 weeks! Next week is "viability" week... will explain that next week - but that will be a nice milestone! It feels like I'm barely pregnant... I'm just barely past halfway. Sounds better saying that I have 17 weeks left, haha!

We just got back last night from Ohio... we had an awesome time with Drew's sister and brother-in-law. She graduated from OSU - we're so proud of her! This fall she starts her PHD program - full ride and a nice stipend! Go Brittany!! So in another 5 years or so, we'll be back to see her graduate from one of the hardest programs! And she'll be Doctor Brittany. She wants to be called Doctor Aunt Brittany, rofl... silly goose :-) But we had a great time... my shins hurt like no other... we walked the whole Columbus zoo Monday! Woo, go me! I didn't think I'd make it, but I did! The baby loved the trip, too, and all the yummy foodz and the Cherry Dr. Pepper... which, darn it, I forgot to pick up at the grocery store a few minutes ago!! Drew said "you don't need it anyway." Phooey on him! I shall buy some tomorrow perhaps... ;-)

How far along? 23 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: Just weighed myself... think I'm finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight, woot!
Maternity clothes? Yep!
Stretch marks? Nothing new
Sleep: All night... except the first night in Ohio.. woke at 4:55 (3:55 our time) and had to pee like none other!
Best moment this week: Seeing my sister-in-law graduate from OSU! Go Brie!! And she felt the baby :-)
Movement: Every day - found out she likes sodas and cookies, haha... am I a bad mommy??
Food cravings: Uh, I just bought some mint choc. chip ice cream...
Gender: GIRL!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Starting to "pop"... maybe another couple weeks and it will be a full outie
What I miss: Not really anything right now... life is great!
What I am looking forward to: The weekend... if it's not raining, I will go with the in-laws to the Theater in the Park to see 7 Brides for 7 Brothers... Drew has a dinner with his VP; and Sunday is Father's Day - so lunch at the in-laws and dinner at my sisters! Woo, good eatin!
Weekly Wisdom: I still don't feel very wise
Milestones: Baby's first plane ride - to Ohio! She did great! Particularly loved the Midwest choc. chip cookies on each flight ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...just noticed, I think I'm wearing the same shirt as last week. Who knows... I have several tops that are the same in several colors... and a couple that are pre-pregnancy. Oh, well. Maybe next week will provide more variety :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ashley intentionally wore the same shirt in pics til she couldnt squeeze in it anymore :)
    "you didnt need it anyway" sounds so so Drew lol
    As far as cookies and pop .. grandma says she can have it .. a little wont hurt her! lol
    I love you!
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute pregnant! You get bigger every time I see you! Exciting times!!!

    I love you much~

    ReplyDelete