March for Babies!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Don't pinch me!

Yeah, it's St. Patricks Day, and I forgot to wear green.  Please don't pinch me!  I'm oh, so fragile!

In other news... the "Mom of the Year Award" goes to....

Me!  Hooray (or not)

We went to the zoo yesterday, and silly me forgot to slap some sunscreen on my sweet girl's face and hands - the only parts of skin exposed.  And I didn't have the shade out on the stroller.  It was such a beautiful day!  I just didn't think about it.  And now she's pink.  :-(  At least it doesn't seem to be bothering her.

Yesterday was a long day.  And I'm amazed at my child's stamina.  We were at the zoo by 10, walked around, ate lunch...
mmmm, cheetos...
...walked around some more.  Rode the train, rode the carousel, watched the silly polar bear do his laps around the big rock in his pool.  I knew the crash was coming...

Not even 5 minutes after we left (around 2:15 or so), she was mid-sip on her cup, and passed out, straw still in her mouth.  I wanted to get a picture, but as I was driving, I figured that'd be a bad idea.  :-)  So I just hoped she wouldn't move.  She moved, of course - then passed back out, with the straw pushed into her cheek.  That I did get a picture of.

Yes, it's okay to want to die from cuteness... I almost did.  :-)

So, we got home, changed a diaper, and went down for the real nap in the crib.  (about 2:45 now)  She played for a little while and finally zonked back out.  I was hoping for Drew to just watch her since it had been a big day, but that silly man cold was too strong.  :-P  Nah, he was really sick.  So about 4:15, I felt horrible for doing it, but I woke up my sweet girl, strapped her into the car, and took off for church.

And I was there till like 8:30.  Children's choir rehearsal, adult choir rehearsal (for our big 100th anniversary celebration this weekend!  Yeah!!) and then my trio rehearsal.  I was worried Mackenzie was gonna be so fussy, but she did really well!  That stamina I tell ya.  Must be nice.  Anywho, we got home around 9, and she went immediately to bed.  Where she proceeded to talk, kick and shake her crib till almost 10! 

She's with Gugu today, as my mom just went under the knife for gall bladder surgery.  She's out and the surgery went well, btw. 

I never know how to end my posts in a lovely way.  So here's the ending.  :-P

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I thought I had the Mom of the Year Award... just for being me!!! LOLOL

    And I am dying from the cuteness of Miss Kenzie... simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete